Arboretum

I'm absolutely enamored with the arboretum, now. Actually, the last time I went to the arboretum was in first grade. I'm surprised I didn't find about how good the place was for taking pictures! Probably because I'm not an outdoorsy person. 

Shooting in the arboretum was a whole new experience to me. I'm not well experienced in nature shots like others, so trying to find what looked good and what didn't was challenging to me (especially since we only had about forty-five minutes). However, I noticed I can shoot whatever way I want to shoot. Wide angle? Of course. Macro? Absolutely.

It was about midmorning when we were there, so the sun wasn't directly above us. However, I plan on going again at around sunset and see what kind of shots I can get.

There's a tip that Eric Kim preaches about editing that I really like. "Let your photos marinate like a good steak or a fine wine. Would you serve your guests frozen meat or have them drink wine without letting it breathe? Don't serve your audience photos that you haven't sat on for a long time."

And as Satoki Nagata has said,"Will this photo be any good in ten or twenty years?"

Those two quotes changed how I edit, really. In the past, I used to just edit until it looked better. Now, I try to edit in the hopes of being able to keep the photo timeless.

The arboretum is one of those places where getting a bad shot is tough. That being said, forgive me for putting in so many photos. I could not pick just a few.














3 comments :

  1. wow, those are really great, i love all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots here-the dead tree (with great light) is one of my favs. The Mayapples are nice too! You did a good job of showing what the Arb is like!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the shoot of the tops! But they are all really great.

    ReplyDelete

 

About

Just a girl taking pictures of the world she'll rule someday.