Open Theme

My favorite! Finally an opportunity to do whatever I want! I always love open themes because I feel unrestricted and I can just go bananas. 

The following are photos I have taken recently that I would like to share.
Ready for some reading?


Ah, double exposures. Double exposures, or multiple exposures, are really a hit and miss type of photography. It's so easy to get a failed shot; however, when you do make a successful shot, you almost feel like a gold medalist. Maybe it's just me because I struggle with double exposures, heh. Fortunately for me, my camera can produce double exposures so I don't have to produce them in post processing. These types of photos are fun to create because you really have to think about what you're producing. The first photo has to have an overexposed background to be able to fill in the correctly exposed subject with your second exposure. Yes...expose expose expose. I've been doing so many double exposures, I'm losing track. 


It's been raining quite hard this afternoon, so I decided to go ahead and capture the memory of that one time it rained so hard I received a flash flood warning on my phone. I'm sure that won't happen (but I kind of wish it did because I'm a sick person *cough*). I know, I know, cliche photo. I just couldn't help myself. *sigh* I just really like the photo because of the bokeh in the background. I just couldn't pass up such a good opportunity for some creamy bokeh. One of these days, I just need to make a single post just about bokeh and its beauty. I'm an absolute pedant when looking at blurry backgrounds.


This was Labor Day in my neighborhood in Madison. Foggy night and almost a ghost-like aura to the whole neighborhood--practically empty. The single streetlight shines onto the street as the only light source in that area. At the time, there was something so compelling about the desolateness of the street. I even just went ahead and got in the middle of the street. Okay, don't do this; however, if you do, always look both ways and listen for traffic. *ahem* 


0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

About

Just a girl taking pictures of the world she'll rule someday.