Personality Portraits

My sister is such a playful girl. There's no other way I can describe her. Whenever I see her, she's always having fun. When I was taking her pictures, I wanted to show her doing something she likes doing the most: playing around! While we were outside, we experimented with different light sources. One source was a bit more direct--about 5 PM. The other source came a little less directly--about 7PM. I found that the more direct light was more effective in setting the mood because the less direct sunlight was setting a mood that is more relaxed. 

While I was taking the pictures, I tried finding ways to make things more interesting. In the beginning, I didn't have a prop for her to play with. Not only was that not interesting, my subject was shy and didn't have the strongest facial expressions. Once I gave her the ball to play around with, she really loosened up and gave natural facial expressions.






2 comments :

  1. The top one is GREAT! On the last one, I'd suggest cropping it into a square and centering Sophie-it's off just a tad and seems to want to be centered. Nice light too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fixed! Thanks for showing me that! I didn't even notice!

      Delete

 

About

Just a girl taking pictures of the world she'll rule someday.