The Month of June: What's Been Going On

Whew, it's been three weeks since we've seen each other. The first month of vacation is coming to an end and I'm feeling a little bit bitter. Oh well, we must keep moving forward. This month hasn't been too hectic, but I fear the next couple of months will. 

Great news, I'm going to Northwestern! Yessiree, I will be living all by myself...sob. I don't know how I will survive for three weeks without family. However, I do know that I will learn so much and make many new friends! 

I just wanted to update all of you with some photos that I've taken in the past three weeks because I know you all miss me. 


This shot was a bit of serendipity mixed with a bit of misfortune. I really was at the right spot at the right time, but I had a lens with a short focal length. Thankfully, my camera can crop pretty tightly, so I was able to make a new photo and get rid of the distractions. The plane leaving the trail was flying just at the perfect spot: right next to the moon. I feel so lucky to see something like that. I haven't seen a shooting star before, so this might just be the closest I'll ever get (for a while).


I just wanted to share the beauty of the Thai Pavilion at the Olbrich Gardens in Madison. It's the only one in the US and I'll admit it's one of the most calm places in know.The design of the struct is so intricate, yet so simplistic. I could go on, but I'll admit the lighting isn't the greatest. If you look at the roof closely, you can see the shadows of trees which really cause the roof to become splotchy. I could easily photoshop them out, but where's the fun in that? I may just return sometime soon to see what I can do differently.


It's been raining nonstop. I really want to get outside and take a picture of the night sky, but there are just too many clouds! Nevertheless, I make do with what I have. Besides, puddles make for great reflections. There's a myriad of possibilities when it comes to taking pictures of rain. Whatever, I don't control the weather anyway. Beggars can't be choosers!


I did my first ever official portrait shoot! Boy did I learn a lot. I'm going to save all of my commentary for another post because I have so much to say. All I have to say for now is that I have so much to learn. Sometimes we think we are invincible; however, sometimes we fall back to earth. I can't wait to tell you all about the shoot!

June has been a bit of a whirlwind, but let's see what the next months have to offer. 


P.S. And by the way! This photo has been trending in all of my favorite photo sharing sites! It is a little different compared to the one I had posted before. I had re-edited it because my views changed. It really helps when editing to let the pictures marinate. Wait a little bit because what you like now is going to change. It's just up to you when you're ready to share.



0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

About

Just a girl taking pictures of the world she'll rule someday.