Self Portrait

I don't have self image issues...I think. But I sure do have a hard time getting in front of the camera to have my picture taken (especially this specific time because I didn't have any makeup on...I just kind of did it spontaneously...). Especially if the person taking my picture doesn't have the same vision in mind or the skills to make a picture like I do.

Getting your picture taken is not the same as looking in the mirror. You don't really know how it's going to turn out because you can't adjust yourself to the way you would like. It's always nice to have someone who knows what you're looking for as your photographer. If not, do as I did and prep them ahead of time; let them know what you want, how you want it, and any details they may miss. 

With my portraits, I wanted to portray (heh.) the main part of my personality--being a thinker. I also want to highlight what might quite possibly be my most trademark asset--my glasses. If you've known me for just about forever, I came out of the womb with glasses on (okay...does first grade constitute as the womb?). I must admit, however, my eyes are getting really bad. *sigh* I'm going off on a tangent. 



1 comments :

  1. wow.......awesome words here-the two examples are just great and I love the bottom one. You're quite the thinking girls photographer! Keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete

 

About

Just a girl taking pictures of the world she'll rule someday.