San Francisco and the Last Day of Freedom

Honestly one of the best days in my life. San Francisco is a hub for those with passion in photography. There's a moment to capture everywhere and it's hard to get a bad shot. 

The only thing I regret not getting is Union Square. It was absolutely too busy and we had to get going ASAP. If you have a passion in street photography, please come visit San Francisco and Union Square, especially. 

Let me get on to my commentary. 
Feel free to add your own in the comments!


Land's End Lookout, I love you. I explored you and you did not disappoint.


Peek-a-boo! Pretentious Ralph is everywhere *sigh*.


The Legion of Honor. I had absolutely no idea what it was; I only found out when I had googled it afterwards. Now I feel guilty for not going inside. I came, I saw, I captured its beauty.


Mm, boats. I like boats. But really, the view of the bay is just breathtaking.


Okay, I should've known the name of the structure from this sign. I'm a terrible tourist.


Could Golden Gate be even more beautiful? I've heard accounts of the bridge being ultra foggy, but I feel absolutely lucky being able to capture the whole bridge. The magnificence and grandeur of the bridge is absolutely hard to capture in just one shot. (Or maybe I'm just an amateur.)


I'm honestly afraid of heights. There were multiple lookouts on the hill I traveled on, and I couldn't handle anything after the second one. Actually, this spot is the best on the hill (speaking lens-wise; I don't have a telephoto, gosh darn it.).


I'm pretty sure this is one of my best shots of the bridge. Not only that, I don't think as many people come to this spot to take pictures. In fact, I was the only person there. I've only seen a handful of shots from this angle, and all are from such famous and talented photographers. Now...if I had a tripod...(someone wouldn't let me bring mine. "You're gonna look stupid." *cough**cough*)

 Mm, amazing view of the bay. I believe the most striking building I see is the Transamerica Pyramid. I was unable to get a shot of it in downtown SF. There were too many cars! 


The Palace of Fine Arts Theatre: Can I marry you? Seriously, this was one of the best parts of San Francisco I had seen. I've been wanting to go here for years. Unfortunately, I didn't go inside. Some people were rushing me *cough**cough**cough* (It seems I need a second trip to the bay, eh?) The only big thing that bothers me here is the alignment of my lines. I need to tilt it a couple of degrees to the right, argh.




 The Painted Ladies and Full House nostalgia? Yes, please! Okay, this was probably my favorite spot in San Francisco. Alamo Square Park and this view? I could've laid here all day watching reruns of Full House. In fact, I had the Full House theme running through my head all day.


Oh, Lombard Street, you're so hard to take an interesting photo of. Unless I'm from above, I'm essentially stuck with a boring view. I'm in love with this shot, however. Street photography is an artform I'd love to master, and just starting small with something like this just makes me a litte warm inside. I even got a little risky and stood in the middle of the street. *rebel*


Architectural photography? I think I'm too bias towards these shots. Honestly, this is one of my weaker shots. (I was in a car. Yes, I did stick my camera out the window. I'm such a rebel. Stay away, it's contagious.)


The Pacific looks like Lake Michigan. Right? Right? Oh...


Well..um...uh...you see...


Honestly, not every part of the beach is pretty. I guess it's the natural grunge some people like. 


The sun taunted me on my final day. There was no way I was leaving on such a beautiful day. So...never.


All these golfers made me envious. Next time, I'm bringing clubs.



2 comments :

  1. They are all amazing shots! I went to San Fran for a day two summers ago and the bridge was so foggy. You were so lucky and the shots are amazing! I love the Lombard Street shot, fantastic! All the pictures really tell a story, and I love that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That low level perspective shot of the GGB is the best one-I'll agree. It is a better composition than the other ones and different from most views I've seen.

    ReplyDelete

 

About

Just a girl taking pictures of the world she'll rule someday.