Madison Farmers' Market

A couple of weekends ago, for my slideshow, I took pictures at the Madison Farmers' Market (properly known as the Dane County Farmers' Market) to take pictures. What really made the shoot memorable to me was the feeling of taking pictures of things in public for the first time. What opened my eyes was the privacy of people in public. By that, I mean that I couldn't capture anything I wanted (unless I was discreet, of course. However, that's beside the point). People abhor the camera; street vendors, passersby, and everyone else avoid my and every other photographer's camera. 

As time went on, I adapted to my environment and became a little bit more bold. I decided to shoot what I wanted without boundaries. I felt like I was released from a cage--what held me back the most was my shyness with a camera in hand. As I became more confident with my camera, things became so much easier. I got "that shot" and moved on.

Street photography, as I have mentioned, is really something I'd like to get more into. To me, there's a huge appeal to capturing the everyday world--people living their lives. Posing for the camera pretending to be someone you're not, what's the point? If I can capture the true nature of a person, why not go ahead and give it a try?

Here's a few of my favorite shots.













0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

About

Just a girl taking pictures of the world she'll rule someday.