It's Been a While

It's time to have a vis-a-vis with you guys...err...screen-a-screen? It's been a while since I've posted anything on this site. I've never forgotten about you, my precious blog. Actually, I just wanted to share what's been going on and go on a mini diatribe against my own photography. 

I miss taking pictures for photography class.

Did you just hear that? I miss photography class! If you spent any time with me last semester, I might have ranted a bit here and there about the eccentric assignments Mr. M would assign us. Photoshopping our facial features on an animal, really? (Alright, I did enjoy that.) In hindsight, I was just a cranky freshman. I think I might still have a few symptoms of cranky, try-hard freshman syndrome. Now I've become a busy sophomore that doesn't really care about the things that don't matter. Actually, that should have been the case in the beginning. Alright, time to get back to the point, I go off on a tangent way too often. 

What I'm really trying to get here is that the present is never the same view as from hindsight. As a freshman, I thought I was amazing--invincible. Looking back (three months later, I must add), I was the total opposite. I put too much effort in all the wrong things and missed so many opportunities. The same thing applies to photography. Looking back to my old photography, I cringe a little bit. I would say,"I took that? What was I thinking?" Perspective can change rapidly. Whatever views you have now are ephemeral. 

Alright, the rant is over. Time to talk about what's happened over the summer because that's the right and cliche thing to do. Short and sweet: I went to Northwestern University for about a month. (Go 'Cats! ;D) Most fun and stressful time of my life. Sleep? Ain't nobody got time fo' dat! You must be wondering what I learned at camp. I learned two things: Algebra II and trigonometry, and you can't put a price on friendship. Making friends from all over the world? Priceless.

Ah, okay, I've got work to do. I've missed you, blog. Stay in touch.

P.S. Mr. M, be careful of those assignments for "Around the Web"! Someone got a warning from the DMCA! ;)


Here's an apple for your thoughts.


1 comments :

  1. Good to know someone still remembers this blog/has the time to post on it!


    Blake (forgot my password)

    ReplyDelete

 

About

Just a girl taking pictures of the world she'll rule someday.