Winter Light

My apologies for being MIA this past week in Photography! Due to my lack of vigilance when it came to illnesses going around, I caught the flu and subsequently caught the stomach flu! Oh goodness.

With this assignment, I wanted to illustrate the importance of picking what time of day to shoot photos. I took the same subject each time to make things more noticeable.

To start off, I have regrets about my composition. The background is distracting and the "bokeh", or blur, is only helping a small amount. After shooting in the early morning, I realized that the shot was not what I wanted it to be. Alas, I must continue. 

Early Morning (Golden Hour)
Aperture: f/4 | Shutter Speed: 1/6400 | Focal Length: 105mm | ISO: 1000

 Midday

Aperture: f/4 | Shutter Speed: 1/8000 | Focal Length: 105mm | ISO: 1000

Late Afternoon (Golden Hour)

Aperture: f/4 | Shutter Speed: 1/6400 | Focal Length: 105mm | ISO: 1000

When I had shot during the day's two golden hours, it was a breeze. Nice, soft light wrapped around my subject and wasn't attacking it. However, my midday shot was a pain. It just never seemed to turn out nicely exposed; it was constantly becoming overexposed. 

You may be wondering what this coveted "golden hour" is. The golden hour is the hour of sunlight rising and setting. The light is so mild and perfectly exposes your subject. Many photographers choose to shoot during a golden hour when they are shooting portraits because of the nice shadows that sculpt the subject's face. 




0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

About

Just a girl taking pictures of the world she'll rule someday.