Professional Photographers

John MacLean

What I love most about John MacLean is his diversity in photography. He shoots everything from cityscapes, landscapes, interiors, foods, and people. Maybe at first I was a bit bias because he shoots cityscapes and architectural photography (my favorite type of photography), but as I went through his portfolio, I noticed that he is well-rounded and diverse in his photography. Plus, he succeeds in every area that he photographs. What I am most impressed about MacLean's photography is his compositions. His lines are perfectly straight, his curved lines are curvy (yes, I did just say that.), and he uses composition rules such as rule of thirds, and incorporates clever uses of symmetry. 

John MacLean has been creating brilliant photos since he was nine; he even started out shooting and processing black and white photos in his father's basement. Forty years later, and he's still making stunning photos. He's still passionate about the next best shot and is always learning about the latest and greatest techniques with digital software and hardware. MacLean has worked with large companies such as Special Olympics New Mexico, PC World Magazine, Future Farmers of America, Smithsonian Magazine, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Toyota. That is only a small crumb in his list of clients.

Red River - Arctic Polar Satin

http://www.johnmaclean.com

Kevin Irby

There's much to say about Kevin Irby. I cannot completely fathom his photographic style. He goes from an angelic child, to a mysterious and devilish woman in a matter of a few photos. Irby never sticks to one subject, but he definitely does have a central theme within his photos.I noticed that it seems he wants to touch the mind of the viewer. Almost as if he wants his photos to shout "Hey! I'm in your everyday life, but you never notice me!" When I see his photos, I notice that he shoots a significant amount of people in their natural state. He tries to capture people in a way most others wouldn't see. For example, he shoots a man in the middle of the street, but he is portrayed as an angel. Most others would not think of the man as an angel. I really enjoy Irby's take on life, his sense of creativity, and the way he executes his ideas.
(The format of my paragraph is being crazy. Darn you, blogspot.)

Irby shoots for a wide range of editorial and corporal businesses. He has shot for established editorial companies like Esquire, GQ, Entertainment Weekly, Forbes, Time, U.S. News, Sports Illustrated and many many more. When it comes to corporal companies, Irby is no stranger. He has shot for the Cannes Ad Festival, Nike, Adobe Systems, Sony, UPS, Visa, Symantec, and so much more. 

Angels Among Us?


http://www.kevinirby.com


0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

About

Just a girl taking pictures of the world she'll rule someday.