Lines in Nature

Lines...lines...lines. Somehow the inspiration eluded me. The outdoors is rampant with lines, yet I could not, for the life of me, get good lines.

I'm losing my fire. I need to get out and shoot more. Get out and expose myself to new and more varied surroundings.

Aperture: f/4 | Shutter Speed: 1/8000 | Focal Length: 65mm | ISO: 1000

At first, I saw this photo as a fail. I thought there was no way I will ever find this photo passable. Then I got thinking, the jagged zig zagged lines actually aren't half bad. Then it grew on me the more I stared at it. Surprising how one's mind can change so rapidly. There were two branches intruding in my photo, so I just cloned them out. Fortunately, the cloning was seamless. I also changed the hue to give the picture a warmer feel, and I'm happy with that. I also like how the branch branches out all over the photo (hah, get it?). Furthermore, I'm infatuated with the addition of branches in the background. 

Aperture: f/16 | Shutter Speed: 1/100 | Focal Length: 105 | ISO: 1250

I'll admit it, this is a stretch. I was thinking curved lines, but I realized that this may not be what I'm looking for. *sigh* C'est la vie. I have a feeling this might hinder my post a bit. Que sera sera. (I can go on in many other languages to describe my feelings towards this photo. Actually, that's not a bad idea. My blog has been taking off internationally, surprisingly. I've especially garnered many views from Germany. Okay, enough of this rambling.) I guess it's impossible to get good shots each time.

Aperture: f/8 | Shutter Speed | 1/500 | Focal Length: 105mm | ISO: 100

I like this photo. It has a subtle curved line originating from the bark. What really makes this photo for me, though, is the little details in the bark. The different colors such as the copper, orange, and blue really contribute to the tone of the photo. The moss really does brighten the photo and makes it happier overall. Has tree bark ever made you feel happy? (Don't say yes, that's kind of weird.) 

0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

About

Just a girl taking pictures of the world she'll rule someday.