Patterns

Patterns...patterns...patterns patterns patterns. Going outside to spot patterns is like trying to play Where's Waldo. What I'm looking for is out there, but I just can't seem to find it. Maybe that's what photography is; the ability to find what's hidden out there.

Juxtaposition
Aperture f/5.6 | Shutter Speed: 1/125 | Focal Length: 70mm | ISO: 100

I found this photo to be quite intriguing. What I stumbled upon a was an amalgamation of patterns in a small space. I walked by and noticed a piece of wood my sister had painted last summer (don't ask me why, I don't know.) laying against a pile of firewood. What I found was a contrast of colors and shapes. Sharp edges laying agains round edges, black and white contrasting against the brown. I would've changed this to a black and white picture, but that just takes away an element of juxtaposition.

Barking
Aperture: f/5.6 | Shutter Speed: 1/200 | Focal Length: 105mm | ISO: 100 

If only I had this photo around when I did my texture assignment *sigh*. When I took this photo, actually, it was really a good case of serendipity. I didn't mean to take this picture it all, but it just so happened that I pressed the shutter button and bam! a picture was made. In fact, on this same day, I was taking pictures of trees and all (yes, I mean all) of the nicely composed photos turned out to be on accident. How lucky of me. 

Bricked In
Aperture: f/4 | Shutter Speed: 1/2500 | Focal Length: 105 mm | ISO: 1000 

What is it about bricks that makes them fun to look at? Is it the uniform layout, yet the arbitrary designs on each individual brick? Yes, that must be it. I tried changing it up a bit by shooting the bricks from the side, but it seems that it just doesn't turn out as well as a straight on perpendicular angle. I find that either a ninety degree or an about 160 degree angle almost parallel to the wall produces the nicest lines. The premature cutting off of the lines as you can see at the top and bottom of the picture make me somewhat disappointed about the composition. Cropping doesn't really help because in the end, the lines will still seem awkward. 




0 comments :

Post a Comment

 

About

Just a girl taking pictures of the world she'll rule someday.